Saturday, January 30, 2016

Watching Dubbed Movies

One of my favorite pastimes now a days is to watch South Indian movies which are dubbed to Hindi. The other day, I happen to watch the movie "Kanchana" starring Raghav Lawrence and Sarath Kumar. I have seen the movie(in Tamil) at least five times while travelling to Bangalore,. I can understand Hindi better than Tamil and some of the dialogues made more sense, when I heard it in Hindi.

The movies which star Balakrishna (aka Balayya) is a fascinating treat to watch. My elder son too likes Balayya movies where train will stop or chair will move, if he points finger at it. Even though superficial, it is fun to watch. My son even  says that, among his class mates. Balayya is the most rated!

I did see Mommootty's Pramani and Mohan lal's Chitram, as well. Translation quality is excellent. In the year 2012, a colleague of mine told that, when people in his town are bored, they say, "Chalo, Jakke South ke ek movie dekhenge" (चलो  जाक्के एक साउथ के मूवी देखेंगे ). These Movies has got power to unite India.



No comments:

Post a Comment